Photographes AssociÃ©s, one of the first cooperatives for photographers, was formed in the 1930â€™s. Taken over by Robert Delhay in 1938, it was renamed Agence LAPI, short for ' Les ActualitÃ©s Photographiques Internationales '. The agency continued its work throughout the Occupation covering everyday Parisian and French life from 1939 to 1945. After the war, Robert Delhay became one of the official photographers of the Arc de Triomphe until the 1970â€™s. The LAPI Agency collection has more than 630,000 negatives and some 27,000 proofs.